Advanced Training for Key Account Manager
Development of new competencies and successful business relationships as Key Account Manager.
The main objective of the seminar will be to expand the competencies and methods of key account managers. Participants receive a consistent KAM system to truly understand the new business to coordinate their tasks and efficiently achieve their sales goals. On the basis of the Key Project Framework, they develop individual strategies and measures for acquiring top projects and for increasing the share of wallet (SOW).
Hotel am Borsigturm
Am Borsigturm 1
Tel.: +49(0) 30-43036000
Key account manager
Content 1st Day
1. Fundamentals of key account management
- Goals and tasks of key account management
- The different stages of key relationships
- Buyer’s objectives for relationships
- The role, tasks, and responsibilities as key account manager
- Success factors of key account management
- Key account analysis
- Key account portfolio
- Purchase processes of the key accounts
- Working methods and working techniques in key account management
2. The tasks of the key account manager
- Creation of key account plans
- Analysis and evaluation of customer needs and their goals
- Identifying the key player of the buying center (decision-making unit DMU)
- Develop trust and openness to positively influence the customer’s decision-making process
- Increasing opportunities through customer-focused value proposition
- Communication with key accounts at all decision-making levels
- Matching the decision-making process between selling center and buying center
- Form and lead a cross-functional key account team (Selling Center)
- Negotiation for the award of framework contracts and orders
- Development of long-lasting key relationships
Content 2nd Day
Based on the Key Project Framework and individual cases, participants develop a deep understanding of positioning as a strategic partner for winning key projects
Key Project Framework
- Management: The meta-level contains the elements for self-organization of the processes: sales goals and profit contribution targets, organization, CRM, planning and reporting.
- Strategy: Development of tailor-made sales strategies to achieve the goals and targets.
- Networking: Establishing and maintaining contacts to all levels up to top management.
- Leadership: Interdisciplinary cooperation between Selling Center and Buying Center.
- Positioning: Matching the stage of relationship for a tailor-made investment of own resources.
- Focus: Prioritize the main initiatives of the selling center and focus on real opportunities.
- Process management: Choice of process structure and phases on the basis of the tailor-made sales strategy.
- Value creation: Achieving the goals for key accounts, the company, and the team.
- Opportunities: Comprehensive qualification of the sales opportunities (attractiveness, critical success factors) and bid/no-bid decision.
- Resources: Planning and alignment of required team capacities, expertise and external partners to the sales processes.
- Performance: Benchmark and control of productivity and KA profitability based on agreed KPIs.
- Lessons Learned: Retrospective on completion of the project with the entire team to learn from successes and failures and fine-tune corresponding dimensions.
Feature: All influencing factors in view
Advantage: Clarity on all drivers and bottlenecks for better decision-making and more successful process control
Benefit: More effective and more efficient target achievement and added value for all stakeholders
- Analysis of expectations and requirements
- Presentations of the theory, models and instruments
- Case studies
- Metaplan technique
- Visualization (Framework, Canvas)
- Practical exercises
Trainer and Coach
Klaus Schein has acquired his best practices from 12 years of professional experience at HP, GE, Westinghouse and Rockwell Automation. For 16 years, he has been developing tailor-made sales strategies that help companies to steadily improve their market position. His clients include corporations such as Siemens, Bosch and Samsung Electronics, medium-sized companies such as Dehn + Söhne and Putzmeister, as well as SMEs. Klaus Schein has the methodical tools to communicate knowledge, to motivate people and to accompany change projects.
Duration: 2 days
Seminar with a maximum of 6 participants
Price per participant: € 1,200.00 plus VAT
(€ 1,428.00 incl. 19% VAT)
Including two conference packages for lunch buffet, soft drinks and coffee / tea
General Terms and Conditions:
§1 Invoicing takes place after the seminar with a payment term of 7 days.
§2 For cancellations up to 14 days before the event no cancellation fees are due.
§3 For cancellations up to 6 days before the event, 50% of the seminar fees will be charged. Alternatively, a replacement date can be agreed.
§4 Online registration is a non-binding reservation. Participation in the seminar is only possible after receipt of the confirmation by the organizer DELTA PROJEKT.